Let’s be honest: Half the fun of getting a new Makita tool is the box, rightThe blue case with the little snaps, “Makita” written in the same font you’d see on the sign at a 1950’s diner. That kind of branding doesn’t count for much if the product’s not any good, though.
Construction guys get excited at that box not because they’re really into blue plastic, but because they know that Makita consistently puts out great tools. They’re reliable, comfortable to use, and they make work fun.
Not to say that the brand has never had any misfires, but anyone who works in repair or construction will tell you that those misfires are rare. Still, you want to do your research before making any major power tool purchase, so, does the Makita DT03R1 12V Max CXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit do the brand name proud?
Short answer: Yes, absolutely. Here’s what you need to know:
First Things First
It should be noted that, at 12v, there are limits to even Makita’s design ingenuity. It’s a powerful little impact driver for twelve volts, but twelve volts is twelve volts. You’re not going to be taking rusted lugnuts off your buddy’s sixteen wheeler with this thing. It’s the perfect tool to have in your belt on a standard repair job, but it’s one of the smaller tools Makita offers.
What’s In The Case?
The kit comes with the driver, two batteries, and a charger. Everything you need to get started, but if you don’t already have your bits, you’re going to want to do a little extra shopping.
It’s Really Hard To Strip A Nut With This Thing
If you’re using the correct attachments, it’s just about impossible to strip a nut with the Makita impact driver. It just seems to know how much torque to apply to do the job. We’ve all owned tools that need a certain finesse and familiarity to use properly. Honestly, you could train a donkey to use the Makita, and he wouldn’t strip a bolt. It’s no exaggeration to say that this is one of those tools that can cut your workday in half.
Not every tool in your garage needs to be top of the line. Honestly, what can a fifty dollar mudding knife do that a ten dollar mudding knife can’tBut, when it comes to some tools, particularly power tools, you can really feel where that extra research and development went. The right impact driver will save you time, money and sore shoulders.
Makita DT03R1: Conclusion
Long story short, if you’ve never used a Makita, it’s everything they say it is, and the DT03R1 impact driver kit is a pretty handy way to get started without having to put a bunch of extra money aside for batteries and a charger.
The brand has earned a just about impeccable reputation among craftspeople, hands-on professionals, hobbyists and at-home handymen, and it’s easy to see why. The DT03R1 is as good as anything the brand has ever produced, and having all the parts you need in one sleek little case is a great way to get started.
3 Recommended Impact Drivers
- Increased visibility: Has built in LED with 20 second delay after trigger release
- Ergonomic Design: Compact (5.55 inches front to back)and lightweight (2.8 pounds) design fits into tight areas
- 1 handed Bit Loading: Has a 1/4 inch hex chuck and accepts 1 inch bit tips.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE IMPACT SCREWDRIVER - Lightweight impact driver for fast, high- powered screw driving action
- COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT - Easy to maneuver and lightweight, with soft-touch grip
- QUICK-RELEASE HEX CHUCK - Features 1⁄4-inch quick-release hex chuck for quickly swapping out hex bits
- 1700 in-lbs. Of torque delivering the power you need to get a majority of applications done, Impact Driver;...
- Variable speed trigger allows for control and precision on delicate work surfaces
- DEWALT built Brushless motor for efficient performance and runtime; Impacts/Min 3200 ipm
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We appreciate your feedback. Please add them below in the comment section.
Last update on 2021-03-08 / Most affiliate links and/or Images from Amazon Product Advertising API